Decorating with black and white pictures
Do you want a timeless and classic look for your home decor? B&W wall art photography is a color combination that is both classic and modern. Black and white pictures on your wall will work in any space and never go out of style. Decorating with black and white photography pictures has outlasted trends, changing fads, and remains a constant timeless look. Continue reading below for B&W wall decor ideas.
Why Black and White Wall Art Photography works
- B&W wall art photography is timeless
- It is artistic
- Finding colors that “match” becomes unnecessary
- It is creative
- Black and white blends with any decorating style
- B&W pictures add sophistication to a room
- It is classic, clean and chic
Black and White Wall decor ideas for displaying pictures
- Symmetry in displaying black and white photos is a key to success.
- Other B&W wall decor ideas are to create a storyboard with B&W pictures on your wall using a theme such as in the display below of rustic farm and mountain prints
- In selecting the order of your prints, go ahead and put the your favorite photo in the middle. Your eyes will be drawn to that picture and you will create a focal point for the display.
- Another helpful hint is to center the collection of pictures over the furniture. We can’t always center our furniture on a wall. A doorway, window or other obstacle may prohibit that so centering on the wall may make the display look off balance. Take a look at the bedroom picture below.
Taking and Displaying your own black and white pictures
There is a distinct art to taking your own black and white photography pictures that goes beyond having the right equipment (although that is part of it). There is a great article with a lot of helpful hints on Pixpa.com. Pixpa’s Top 10 Tips for Black and White Photography and Portraits is definitely worth reading for both information and inspiration.
Consider adding black and white pictures to complete your wall decor. You can select a room, a section or your whole house. I personally have my bedroom with all black and white photography prints and I love it! I hope this helps you find your inspiration.
Debbi Marquette Photography is located in Upstate New York at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. Debbi is an award winning and published travel, landscape and bald eagle photographer specializing in artistic, authentic, and memorable landscape and wildlife photography. She travels frequently, lives near the mountains and constantly has a camera in her hand to capture photographs so others can see the beauty of our world.
Capture Moments: Share Stories.