My Love For Travel and Top 20 Travel Quotes
Travel is my passion. It may have something to do with living on 3 different continents before I was 12. I’m happiest when I travel. The fact that I love to explore drives my passion. Through travel, I see and try new things. Stories are created with new meaningful experiences. Travel makes me seek adventure and feel alive. My photography is a way of capturing those stories and adventures creating memories that will live forever. Below I list my top 20 travel quotes.
I wanted to share some of my favorite travel quotes with you. I hope they spark the sense of adventure in all of you.
1. “Collect memories, not things.” This is one of my all time favorite quotes. By spending less on “stuff”, I have more money to travel.
2. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
3. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
4. “To Travel is to Live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
5. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustav Flaubert
6. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.” – Hans Christian Andersen
7. “Traveling is about finding those things you never knew you were looking for.”
8. “Kids don’t remember their best day of television.”
9. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
10. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
11. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.”
12. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.”
13. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.”
14. “Live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
15. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
Which goes hand in hand with an old Buddha quote, “The trouble is, you think you have time.”
16. “Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell.” – Paula Bendfeldt
17. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
18. “You weren’t born to just pay bills and die.”
19. “And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
20. “Travel is not reward for working, it’s education for living.” – Anthony Bourdain
Get notified on future blog posts by commenting below and selecting “notify me of new posts via email”.
Debbi Marquette Photography is located in Upstate New York at the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. Debbi is an award winning and published travel, landscape and bald eagle photographer specializing in artistic, authentic, and memorable landscape and wildlife photography. She travels frequently, lives near the mountains and constantly has a camera in her hand to capture photographs so others can see the beauty of our world.
Capture Moments: Share Stories.